Friday, July 25, 2008

July 25th

Mtc... Week 4.. but really I have only been here for three weeks... it is going great. 

This week...(new Elders and old Elders) 
Well this week has been pretty interesting... We had a bunch of elders leave and when i say a bunch i really only mean like 10.. but most of them were going to Switzerland Geneva mission and the other three were going to the montreal canada mission.. They were pretty awesome missionaries.. and it dwas kinda sad to see them go. We took pictures around the Mtc.. It was pretty good. Well with old leaving missionaries.. Comes new missionaries.. We only got 2 new missionaries in our zone... but in two weeks we get 37 new missionaries in our zone... crazy huh.. well the two new missionaries are pretty neat.. one is from australia going to new calidonia.. and the other is from north ogden going to the toluse france mission.. 

Seeing new/old people...
This sweek i was walking to lunch,... and i saw this kid that looked oh so familiar... well i proceeded to ask him if he remembered me.. and he was like Jacob?... haha it was Mitchell McAurthur that I played basball with in like mustang.. he is going to the Washington d.c south mission.. I have seen him a couple more times and talked to him a little.. he said he is sick of the MTC and said he cant wait to get out.. and I was like when do you leave and he was like aug. 8th and then I proceeded to throw up in my mouth a little... he just got in.. and hes leaving... and he is complaining about the MTC... and I have like another month .. haha.. anyway its ok I dont mind the mtc.. I like it actually... Also I saw Josh hall... he came in this wednesday... and he is going to conneticut.. not sure what city.. it was cool seeing him... 

9:30 - 10:30 
So this week a new rule was implimented.. now from 930 -1030 we are supposed to be in our room.. I thought it was kinda stupid at first but now i love it.. Now i dont have annoying people coming in our room... and plus it gives me more time to study french,.. which is awesome.. so ya obedience is good... 

TRC... 
The trc was awesome this week.. so awesome... We had to pick up the investigator take them to church talkt to them about their week, follow up on committments and just talk to them for like 15 minutes... IN FRENCH.. i was so scared.. i was like i cant do that and I thought it would be like most weeks when elder robinson would say most everything and I would just throw in a memorized sentance or two... but we studied hard and I let go of my fear and just went and did it... and it went Great.! We talked to an old guy and a younger guy.. We talked about le livre de mormon.. and talked about where they worked and they asked what i did... i said i was a missionary and that before my mission I went to school to study architecture... it was pretty great... I understood most of what they were saying.. and they speak really fast,..and the old guy mumbled... the only part i didnt understand was when the old guy was talking about moscow.. and i thought he was talking about the red trees... or something.. elder robinson thought he said something about the red water... i dont know.. no one will ever know now.. haha but then we finished up with french and taught the second lesson in english.. it went really good we really focused on the needs and concerns of the investigator.. I felt great after that.. I was so happy... Then I thought wow i just talked in french for like 15 minutes and i have only been here for three weeks.. soo,.. ya.. 

Bridging the racial gap... 
So we briged the racial gap yesterday in four square... the tongans joined in on the fun yesterday... it was so funny... they were like oversized 8-year olds.. it was hilarious.. i have never laughed that hard during a game of four square... they are always so loud, happy and expressive.. it was awesome.. 

so i only have a couple of minutes left but we get to go to the temple today so i wont have as much time to write letters.. I got letters from mom, clint, tess, jake, janelle, and kylie.. um yesterday was the 24th so i didnt get any freaking mail because utah finds it necceasary to take a holiday... soooo i wont get some of your letters til after i go to the temple today, because usually most of your letters show up on thur... so I might not have time to write letters this week but i love you all and hope everything is going great... 

Oh ya also.. i went to the Rc this week.. it was scary... but it was a pretty cool experience... the rc is where you call people to see if they got their bible, book of mormon or video that they had odered.. well.. ya.. anyway these newsletters are probably dumb and really scattered... but.. ya i hope you enjoy them.. good bye.. 
je vous aime.. 
elder Simonson

No comments: