Monday, July 7, 2008

First Letter!

July 2nd - 3rd, 2008
Family,
Hey so I just survived my first day in the MTC. It wasn't too bad. The MTC Presidency spoke at the new missionary orientation and they were amazing speakers. Just today I have taken about 8 or 9 pages of notes. There was a ton to remember but I am feeling pretty good about everything so far. After orientation we met in our District. We have 6 Elders in our district: Elders Robinson, Larson, Sorensen Schmutz, and Ferguson. Elder Robinson is my companion and he is from American Fork. He is a pretty cool guy and I think he will be a really hard worker which is good. We room with Elder Larson from San Fran. and Elder Sorensen from North Ogden. They seem like great Elders, but all three of them are going to the Geneva, Switzerland mission and they have all had at least 3 years of French so we'll see how that goes! haha But I am doing really good and excited to get going but.....
Well my room was invaded by about 30 Elders so I didn't get to finish my letter, so I will do it now. Today was my first full day. It was good, we learned a lot of French and I was a little discouraged at first but now I feel better. We learned to Pray and Testify in French! Ya...the food hasn't been too bad, other than it causes a lot of gas. But I don't know what else to tell you; just ask me so I know what to tell all of you. Love you guys and I am doing great. Pray for me and I will talk to you later. 
Elder Simonson

(Picture courtesy of Trisha...thanks!)

No comments: