Friday, August 29, 2008

Jusqu'a la prochaine fois...

Bonjour tout le monde! 

Well my time here at the MTC has come to an END... which is crazy right.!! I swear... I don't know what is going on.. time flies.. well all is well I am just getting ready to leave. Today is my last P-day so I have a lot to do .. packing, washing, etc..... Mom you had a fake heart attack... that's pretty killer... ha ha no pun intended.. ha ha I'm glad everything went well.. sounds like it went fine... Thanks for the package. The goodies were good, the pie was HUGE.. Me and my companions had about half of it and then the rest we just left out in the hall for others to scrounge on.. 

So this week....
Nothing super big huge happened this week... this last week like I said was full of subs... we had fourteen different subs in about a week... we pretty much had every French teacher here.. minus a couple... It was kinda rough but good at the same time...This week we have just been working on teaching in French.. we teach little lessons daily, and we practice on meeting the needs of the person we are teaching and not just teaching a lesson that is memorized... Ya think about this... Clint, Danny.... you got to read or give memorized lessons... I have to just come up with what I want to say when giving a lesson in French... ya... anyway... Frere Brown finally made it back... so it has been good to have him back......

Mercredi de l'enfer 

Ha ha.. well this Wednesday we decided to speak only French and for like real ... only speak French all day... so we did.. and it was pretty awesome.. we made it the whole day with out saying anything but in French... I only spoke in English once when I was waiting for my companions to get shots, an Elder started talking to me so I had to speak back... Speaking French made for one long freaking day... and the next day (yesterday) my brain was fried, I couldn't even think French let alone understand it...but the new Districts thought that that was pretty cool even though they hated it... but oh well their teachers appreciated us and the example we were because it made them excited to speak French... 

But ya, so we taught our last lesson in the TRC... we had prepared to teach the 'fake' investigator about the law of Tithing .. because she was supposed to have a problem with it.. but when we got in there and started teaching our lesson and asked her if she had questions about the law of tithing she said no... sooooo we just gave a little thought about faith and why we know the law of tithing is important...also we taught our last lesson to our new progressing investigator... it didn't go very well.. and it made me realize how little French I know...

Well I think that mom posted my flight plans sooo ya... I leave for Belgium in like two days.... that is going to be freaking scary... ..I can't think of much else to write about... I don't remember what I did this week and I didn't write down a list.. so I really don't remember... but I got my address in Belgium...So ya you can stop writing me here now... and I am pretty sure that you can't write dear elders to that mission. so..here is the address..

Elder Jacob Simonson 
Belgium, Brussels/Netherlands Mission 
87, Blvd. Brand Whitlock 
1200 Brussels 
Belgium 

Well... My time here at the MTC has been great, my District is SO awesome... funny... hard working.. and obedient... We have worked pretty hard but we have had fun too. My testimony has grown soooo much since I have been here.. I have realized how important the Holy Ghost is, how important le livre de Mormon is.. I'm so thankful for the opportunity to be on a mission I already am soooo glad that I came .. it has already changed my life.. I have learned so much about the gospel... and I have learned a lot of French for only 8 short weeks... it is amazing what the Lord can do.. ... I love you all and I am thankful for you all being there for me.. and you might just want to pray really hard for me for about the next month... because I am going to be sooooo lost and ya, anyway I will talk to you later... literally... au revoir... 
Elder Simonson

No comments: