Friday, August 8, 2008

BONJOUR!

Bonjour ma famille...!Je t'aime beacoup... ! Ya I know it's pretty good french... I try...

Well it has now been a month and 6 days to be precise... everything is going well. OH mom you shouldn't throw away any of my letters... D'accord..!.. 

Well this week went quick and it was good and bad... 
We started to speak only in French last week and it went good for a while and then we didn't do very good a couple of days so Elder Robinson and I had to re-commit... so ya on like Tuesday we started again and it has been going a lot better.. It has helped a lot... I feel like I'm getting a little better... but I dont know... Also this week was the first week that we taught the first lesson in French... it went ok.. I was really nervous and was like cramming for the whole morning trying to remember phrases and stuff... and I guess the lesson went pretty good... I felt like that was the best we have taught it but I definitely don't feel like it went amazing... but I guess it went good for 5 weeks... um ya... Elder Robinson and I had some Brazilians come contact us to bear their testimonies and share a scripture with us in English... and I was thinking.. this is what I am going to sound like to a French person.... haha depressing......

SOCCER.... 
I finally got to play some freaking soccer.... it was awesome... Elder Schmutz and Pickford (from australia), and Elder Harding (an elder from Utah going to Tahiti..) we played a little game of soccer on on Tuesday.. it was great... a little tiring as well... 

Progressing investigator... (Jacquelin) 
This week we met with Jacquelin twice and we taught her the third lesson and some of the commandments... It went really well... it's a really awesome thing ... it feels like she is a real person... well of course she is a real person.. but it feels like she is a real investigator.. she has real problems and concerns and questions etc... so it's neat because we get to prepare and study for her and her needs... 

Changes....
Well this next Tuesday two districts in our zone are leaving... the Toluse France district.. and the New Caladonia/Reunion islands (by Madagascar) are leaving... and then this next Tuesday we get 37 new elders... ya.. insane.. we are not sure whether they will all be in our zone or just some of them... but ya... so this last week we had some changes... Elder Larson and Sorensen are our new zone leaders, and Elder Ferguson is our new district leader... so ya 

Foreigners...
So this week I decided that I love foreigners... I don't know why but our gym time and just our schedule is the same schedule as all the Brazilians, Chinese, Spanish, Mongolians and Tongans... and when I say all... I mean like pretty much all.. like at devotionals when I look at the translator section I see everyone who we have gym with... but it's awesome.. I love it!  Yesterday we had some Chinese Sisters playing four square... and some Tongans and a Japanese kid and a couple of Brazilians.... it made for quite a funny round of four square with lots of confusion... but it was funny..... the Mongolians are soooo cool... and same with the Brazilians... well... 

I'm sorry I don't have a lot to say this week.. Trish im sorry I didn't get to write you a letter I didn't get your letter until Saturday for some reason... so I didn't know what to write you... anyway Mom I got your package... thank you so much...also I got Grandma's letter (twice... once from her and once from mom) and I got letters from Tess and Jake... and Dad... thank you... Clint I can't remember if I got a letter from you or not... I couldn't find it when I gathered my letters together to read and respond... well... Also I sent some pictures.. but I sent them to the house before I got your letter (mom) that said to send them to Trisha's./.so sorry about that... And again sorry with the temple I dont have as much time to write letters so... bear with me but know that I am fine and that I love you and love your letters... 

D'acorrd ... je t'aime... et aussi je suis recconisant pour l'eglise de Jésus-Christ des saints des derniers jours... et pour le temple et l'évangile dans me vie. 
Au Revior 
Elder Simonson

No comments: