Monday, June 1, 2009

Sweet Jesabelle

Well... the weeks continue to fly.. I'm pretty much used to life here in Belgium.. and I love it.. It keeps things interesting.. and I am never surprised at the blessings and the miracles that the Lord puts in our path... 
This week we had a lot of work to do.. sorting out the investigators who are ready to act and dropping those that are doing nothing, wasting our time and the Lord's.. and it was great! The Lord put some great new people in our teaching pool. Also we dropped those that weren't doing much.... 
The first great little news is that we set a baptismal date with Claire this week.. I think I told you about how she got mad at us because she wanted to be baptized... Well we went and she understood that baptism is a promise between her and the Lord and that we are just here to help her understand the promise she is making and as soon as she knew that.. it was between her and the Lord.. (and she knows that), she was like, "That's between me and God no one can stop me from being baptized...that would be judging me"... so anyway we are working toward the 26th and I think she can make it... We also taught her about the Word of Wisdom and at first she was just kinda against it.. but then Elder Nielsen and I threw it down on her and bore our testimonies and also a member named Serge bore his... and she was just like... "Well ..ok alcohol, easy, I don't even drink it very often.. and coffee... well.. that's just what's easiest in the morning... but I do like hot chocolate better".. and she was committed.. she's so freaking funny... she feels the spirit and tells us all what we teach is true.. sometimes she likes to be a little stubborn at first and then if we are bold and blunt with her like she is with us.. she will do it... I love Claire Adjalla, my sista from Senegal... 
WORK DAY WITH ASSISTANT REYNOLDS... .. so this week I got to work with Elder Reynolds.. just like the good old days... minus the whole Charleroi thing... but.. it was so good.  I love Elder Reynolds, he is a good man.. he has grown alot since the last time we worked together.. that gave me a big boost... 
MEXICANS..... so this last week we went and taught some Mexican brothers... they are both really sweet... we contacted the one brother while waiting for a Metro a couple of weeks ago.. and he went home and told his brother all about us.. then Elder Reynolds and I went and taught him and he is sooo cool.. he loved the message of the Restoration and at the end of the rendez vous he says... "So you guys will come back and explain to us more about all of this.. because this is really good."  Well we had set up a rdv. but he called and cancelled. He had something come up, but he had read the intro to the Book of Mormon all the testimonies and started the Book of Mormon.. and he rescheduled with us when his wife, daughter, and brother would be there.. sooo we are excited about that... 
NIGERIANS... "I got te telya iwanta batize ya!"... freaking Nigerians and there broken english.. we learned some phrases in BROKEN... it's a language...I promise... anyway last night we taught some stinkin awesome brothas from Nigeria.. they are both some sort of Pastor/Missionary here for 2 years to help some churches out.. Well they are elect brothers... their names are Victor and David and they both said if they recieved an answer from God, they would join the church... they are way humble, completely understand the Restoration and the Book of Mormon, and they accept it.. usually with black pastors.. they don't understand anything... They are so closed minded and prideful that you can't even show them the Book of Mormon... 
Well, it sounds like everyone is good.  Thanks Heather for the letter and the little blog excerpt. It was sooo good to hear from you... hope everyone is doing well... 
Gotta run... 
ELder Von

No comments: