Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Check it...

Well fam and friends... what's going down?  Well Elder Nielsen and I had a great week..... I remember in the beginning of my mission I was always soooo amazed by the hand the Lord has in the work or really just how much He is in control and well ... needless to say I have gotten a little used to it but... I am still amazed... 
The other day we had two rdvS that we needed guys to come with us.. to see Claire and to see Jackie... well, because Elder Nielsen and I weren't on top of things like we should have been.. we didn't get a member in advance... so the day before we were calling everyone and everyone was going to the temple trip the next day.. soooo... Well that night, a member named Denis Mabika called us and was stressing big time because of work and moving and just everything that had fallen on top of him at once.. so we went over and helped him move and and clean up.  We gave him a blessing and it was great.. and he was all excited to go to the temple the next day to recieve some guidance; soooooo the next day rolls around.. we had still not found anyone.. and we were just hoping and praying for a miracle and solution.. we had figured that we would just have to cancel and go another day.. Well early in the morning, Denis calls us to ask where the bus was meeting for the temple trip and at what time etc... he had missed the bus and didn't get to go the temple... But.... later in the day we called him to see if he would go with us.. and he was all over it.. he's like, "Yes I NEED to work with you guys"... so he came out with us.. he was late to the first one and Jackie had to leave, so we weren't able to see her, but we stopped by Clotilde to see how she was doing .. and we ended up teaching her.  Then Denis just went finding and contacting with us and we talked to a really cool guy and then the next person we talked to used to be Denis' old neighbor... so we taught him and then we went and taught Claire .. and everything just worked out perfectly.. it was crazy.. Denis is so full of faith and he really understands that if you put the Lord and His work first everything else kinda just falls in place... It was cool. 
Claire is doing great! She has been taught everything and she has been living the law of chastity and the Word of Wisdom.. etc... so she is good to go for the 26th.. Also this week I got to do a baptismal interview for one of the assistants' investigators.. it was such a good spiritual experience.. it was like giving a blessing.. it was crazy.. and she is a really cool girl.. she is Ghanian and she is only 17 and her whole family is against her, but she got baptized and got over all the oppostion to be baptized.. ALSO... a really sweet side note... Do you remember when I was with Elder Musters and I taught Iness and Javier?  Maybe not, well they are a mother/son family that I taught with Elder Musters.. she is from Columbia and she was so good. She came to church all the time when I was there in Strombeek.. well she also got baptized this weekend... It was soooooo good to see them finally accept baptism.. she is sooo good! I will have to send you pictures.. 
Another awesome, but sad thing is that I just had my last interview with President Woodland today.. It was pretty intense.. he pretty much prophesied and recited my Patriarchal blessing ... not joking either... he told me all the things I need to do etc.. and said a few sentances directly from my blessing and I just had this astounded face on and laughed.  He smiled and said, "Have you heard these things before?" and I said, "ya..." and he said, "From your Patriarchal blessing?" and I said ya.. and he said, "Well, now you have two witnesses that this is what Heavenly Father wants you to do..and needs you to do." It was crazy.. 
Well, sorry to bore you with all of this.. I can't believe you guys are just boafing it up in Florida and in Palmyra with Grandma and Grandpa.. it sounds like fun... as for Belgium we have had rain, rain, rain and one day was really sunny and nice and hot.. but not the rest... We have this week with Zone Conference and then the week after that is transfers and then the new President comes in.. it should be great... By the way... there is this kid in my District who looks, acts, and is pretty much Jake!  He is from Hillsboro, Oregon and is El Salvadorian of origine .. but I swear it is like hangin out with Jake Larsen!  I will have to send pictures as well.. maybe I will send my card with the Brugge photos.. etc... Well I love you lots.. also .. Fatiha has just kinda been on the back burner.. there was some stuff with her family going on.. but I believe she should begin meeting with Elder Schmutz soon.. like tomorrow or something like that.. Well, I love you all and will talk to you later... 
Elder Von Simonson
 

No comments: