Monday, January 26, 2009

Sorry again!

Well so this week I am going to try real hard not to delete the email.. I hope it works. So everything has been going really good. This last week the work has started to take off with Elder Schmutz.  We are seeing so many miracles and starting to get some more investigators. 
I sent you a big letter last week with a little surprise inside...! So I hope you get it. Also as soon as you get it try and hurry to get it back to me becuase my other card is almost full and it has recent pictures and a lot better ones as well. Also Patrick showed me your little comments on a bunch of my pictures and I also noticed that a few people were thinking that it is me that is getting on facebook... Man, thanks...you are making me look like a boafy disobedient missionary.. haha, just kidding!  You should put a big disclamer that it is not me that is getting on Facebook and that it is you... 
As for mission stuff.. things are going great like I said.. Last week we found this lady named Kathy .. I wrote her story in the letter.. anyway nothing has happened with her lately, but she is like kinda living with this guy named Luc and I guess she left the Book of Mormon at his house and he picked it up one night and started to read it.. Well, so we get a call Saturday morning from him saying that he was Kathy's friend and that he started reading the book and found it very very interesting and that it was a beautiful book.. and that he wanted to meet with us.. So we went and saw him last night. He is a little ghetto but he is very prepared for the gospel.. He is very believing and at the start of our rendez vous he asked if we could come over like one time a week so that he could learn more about our religion and the Book of Mormon.. We were like.. how about 3 times a week .. and he was just alright with that... haha so that was a pretty great miracle..
Also Daniel is doing soooo amazing.. he has his baptismal interview today with Pres. Woodland... and so I hope everything goes well with that.. He is so great! He loves the church and it has just become a part of his life.. He already has a calling in the Young Mens all set up for him when he is baptized and he has the Bishop as his home teacher... He will be baptized this Saturday.. By??  Actually, we don't know yet because he hasn't chosen yet who he wants...he has been trying to decide... He said he would tell us today.. We gave him the Conference DVDs and that article that talks about Pres. Monson and his life because he said he didn't know if he was a prophet because he didn't know anything about his life.. Yesterday he said that he had watched the whole priesthood session and had started another.. he said he loved it. So all is well with him..
I hope that he doesn't choose me to confirm him, because next Sunday we will have a General Authority in our Ward.. We think we are getting a new Bishop which is sad because our Ward is getting really excited about missionary work and Bishop Hoffmann is a huge part of that.. We had a great lesson in church yesterday with all the members about missionary work and why we ask or need members to come teach with us... 
By the way you should get on top of helping our neighbor towards baptism... invite him and his family over for dinner and have a little lesson with them and just bear your testimonies and tell them how the gospel has blessed your lives.. That would be sweet, plus you would be helping Heavenly Father with his work.. And that is what we are here for.. Call the missionaries and get them on top of that and help them... I hope they aren't boafs there because they have a lot of strong members that could help alot... unlike here in Europe..
Sounds like you are going to have fun in the east... that is pretty crazy.. also Grandma, I got your letter today thanks again for all your letters nearly every week.. I love them.. As for the package that Tess sent, I didn't get it.. When and where did she send it?  Anyway Elder Schmutz and I have to go meet President at our apartment in 15 minutes to go have an interview with Daniel ... so pray for us and for him... I love you, sorry I haven't been sending emails... but keep on truckin and I will talk to you later....
Elder Simonson

No comments: