Monday, August 3, 2009

Transfers...dun dun dun...

Transfers and the guesses.......?anyone??? 

Well I am staying right here in Brussels, Belgium ... YA! I am still with Elder Nielsen... and he is probably the only companion that I would love to stay with... He is a stud.. That means that I will be killing him off here in Brussels... SO I have at least 12 more weeks here in the wonderous city of Brussels.. I love it and things are great and on the uphill...
This week went very well.. we had a big focus on trying to get all of our investigators doing something coming to church working towards baptism and what not so that they aren't just sitting there doing nothing.. and we saw a lot of great things...
Antonio is doing very well he is the guy that the Assistants passed us. I love him, he is such a good guy and really smart too. Like I told you a little in the last letter we fasted and the fast went really well. We feel that he had his answer but he feels like the commandments are too strict.. The Law of Chastity and all that... so he just keeps hesitating.. but we will see him tonight and just ask him what he is waiting for and what is holding him back to start living the commandments and be baptized... He is great though..
Also we have been teaching Jaques but.. like I said, he is a Urologist, but frankly I am pretty sure he has the mental capacity of an 8 year old... We teach him and he doesn't understand too much ..but he is really great... soo happy and he understands a little so we kinda set a beptismal date with him and we will just see how he starts doing... so far so good he came to church and loved it... and understood pretty well.. 
We had a Brazilian couple come to church as well and the members loved it... 
The work is going great and I am soooo happy to stay here because we have a bunch of people with a ton of potential.. I would do anything to see Antonio become a member.. 
Yesterday after church we went by Claire's house and ate lunch with her... She made us some Senagal cous cous.. it was good... and she just told us about her life in Africa and it was pretty crazy she had an intense life... But She brought me so much joy this week.. She is a solid member and is doing very well... She comes to church and to baptisms and activities and just loves and understands the Church.. What a blessing she is to me... She is like my mom here... she treats Elder Nielsen and I like her kids... 
We had another baptism in the Ward this week.. It was LYZE; I don't remember if I told you about her.. She was the investigator that Elder Kam and Elder Wallace were teaching and then Elder Cabrera... she is 20 years old, she speaks French, English, and Dutch all perfectly.. She is super smart and super solid.. she came to church 12 or 13 weeks in a row before her baptism and she had a ton of opposition from her family and her mom.. they all think that the church is a cult.. and they all hate it.. but she knew it was true and was baptized and she felt the spirit so strongly.. she had cold water and said she didn't even feel the coldness.. haha gotta love that one.. but she is amazing ... The lord has really been blessing this Ward with a bunch of really serious and true converts... When I came here they had 14 people that had been baptized in the last like 6 months and all but 3 were inactive completely... But since then .. we have had 5 baptisms Oko, Esther, Claire, Ayi, and Lyze and they all come to church every week and have callings and are just learning and progressing.. It's awesome.. That really helps everyone be excited for missionary work in the Ward... 
Well .. I love you .. sorry again about last week's letter... I feel bad and now I get the payback.. But I love you and will talk to you later Bye..
Oh P.S. I got Terryn's Wedding announcement.. that was a little wierd but awesome.. he looks like a cool guy.. oh, also how far along is Tess? I totally forgot she was pregnant... the other day it just kinda hit me.. and I thought oh freak!..maybe I have a niece or nephew that I don't know?..Because I don't remember when she found out... go ahead, call me a bad brother.
Elder Simonson

No comments: