Monday, August 10, 2009

Laboring in Brussels

Oh ya... so it was great to hear from you... I love when I just get random news that I didn't even know.. such as everyone having BABIES.. freak.. that is insane.. and Tess is having a baby girl!.. another stinking cute Addi... 
SO things haven't changed too much here in Brussels other than we got Elder Benito from Spain in our District and lost a companionship in our Ward but gained a companionship of Sisters... 
We had a pretty good week. It was transfer week and I saw all the missionaries that I loved go home.. some less than others haha.. but Elder Von Allmen and Leavit. They were my Zone Leaders when I came into the field here in Brussels... It was a little wierd for Elder Nielsen I think because that was the group just right before him; 
But all went really well this week.. we have been teaching Jaques and he loves the church and feels the Spirit and so he is on route.. for baptism.. ALSO BAYANA came back from Vacation this week and we got to teach her more and she came to church again... She is great, but unfortunatly .. a Russian speaking member .. WHO LOVES SISTER missionaries came up to us on Sunday and informed us that we would no longer be teaching her ... OH THANKS for that news.. haha.. it was interesting ..but it is ok. We had pretty much planned on passing her to the Sisters anyway... Other quick news.. Antonio went on vacation and Claire entered the hospital to get operated on... We went and saw her on Sunday after church.. and she was doing allright.. she was in a lot of pain.. but she was still laughing and smiling.. and joking around about how she is going to have a funny looking little ball for a boob.. that is Claire...We went with Serge, a member who we work with often and he has scitzophrenia... and Claire just owned him about how it was all in his head and that he needs to just get over it and not listen to the voices... haha .. I love her, she is a great example... She asked about getting sealed in the temple.. but she is sad because her boyfriend isn't believing at all... soo.. but she really wants to go to the temple.. 
As for your letters, I didn't get your letter.. or Tess's, but I will get them soon and the package I got a long time ago.. sorry I forgot to tell you about it... 
Today for P-day we went to the University of Brussels, ULB... and played some tennis.. I don't mean to boast ... but I am getting pretty good at tennis... Get ready to get beat Danny and Jake .. in the near future ... luckily you have a year left to practice up... 
I have told you about Lyze and how awesome she is and about how her mom isn't really interested or likes the church too much... well she is coming around.. we went and ate at her house on Tuesday... A HUGE African meal.. insane... but good.. and we asked her if she was going to come to church on Sunday and she said, "I don't know... maybe, maybe not."  She said that "Lyze never even knows if I am going.. I just decide and come.".. SO?... hopefully she will just continue to come; She really likes church I think.. I loves when recent converts bring people into the church.. they are such good examples for the old lazy members.. oh; pardon me .. I meant less motivated.. haha .. Well I'm sorry, I bet you all don't really enjoy my letters.; I just kinda inform you on how all the people that we are teaching are doing .. I don't share to many experiences with you.. 
One funny experience was.. yesterday.. I got the opportunity to translate from French to English.. and this whole week has been 'speak French' week so I was all practiced up but .. kinda in the wrong way because I had been thinking in French the whole week.. then try and translate into English when only French words come to your head... I wasn't too scared.. and I figured it would be ok.. WELL... then I found out who I would be translating for.... and Uh.. you know Debbie Wright?  Well Soeur Brebois is the French equivelent.. she is kinda crazy and speaks really fast... and her talk was definatly no exception... I thought I would be ok.. because you recieve a copy of their talk.. well I would imagine that you have never seen European hand writing.. but it is about the slopiest cursive you have ever seen... ans Sister Brebois was no exeption and she decided to use note form Rrench with abreviations that I don't understand.. haha it was a disaster for my first time.. haha ... I had a member read it to me before Sacrament because I had no idea what it said; I couldn't read it.. and after that I felt good about it.. but... she didn't really follow the talk and she talked soooooo fast... everyone had pitty and told me I did good... . I felt like a two year old who is getting potty trained and who missed the toilet.. and everyone was trying to make sure I didn't cry by encouraging me.. haha.. 
no it was ok.. well I don't have too nuch to say.. I love you all for the great examples you are to me... I am just trying to stay working hard... and do what the Lord desires of me.. sometimes (a lot of the time ) I fall short.. but we just gotta try harder and harder... 
The weather here has been pretty nice; not too hot, not too cool; I quite like the weather here.. and this next week we will also be having a Mission Conference with Elder Nelson... and interviews with Pres. Brubaker.. 
Love ya.. peace.. 
Elder Von Simonson
 

No comments: