Monday, April 20, 2009

Yo Yo Yo, Wats up? G...

SO .. another crazy fast week here in Bruxelles.. The days and weeks and months just melt away.. it's pretty crazy..I feel like I'm falling down a well trying to grab onto the sides but all I get is moss and little weeds... haha  There is just so much to do it's insane..
The work is going well. Elder Hoskyns and I are trying to find time to get a little more organized and find time to do everything... but we have a lot of little stuff that eats up our time to prosylite.. (don't know how you spell that).. but ya..
Soooooo I got a couple of crazy little stories... So Elder Hoskyns has this friend that is a girl that is a Sister Missionary and he has been telling me about her the last little bit... well then last week I found out that Triena got home and I was telling him how wierd that was... Well then he gets a letter from his 'kind of girlfriend' with pictures, and he opens it and it is her with her companion who is Triena Topham... I just started freaking out like "What the freak? Oh man, that is the girl I was talking about that is home now!" So you will have to ask Treina if she ever talked to Sister Day about Elder Wes Hoskyns.. What are the odds?.. So that was the first crazy thing... the second was, one night Elder Kam and I were just laying in bed (yes in seperate beds) and we were talking about before the mission and it got brought up about how I lived in Lewiston and Elder Kam is like "No way! You lived in Lewiston? Isn't that near Clarkston?" and I said, "ya, I actually lived in Clarkston".. He was like, "Oh man, my best friend lived there for most of his life until his family moved to Sugar City." Then he asks me, "Do you know this one lady who is married to this older guy... he's like 40 and she is like 20 or something?" and I was like, "uhhh... ya! Is her name Lacey?" and he was like, "Ya!" and I just start laughing. I guess his best friend from Sugar Cityy is Lacey Port's little brother.. what a small world... He was like, "That's so weird that you know them." He knew all the kids and stuff. I told him that I had been over to their house and that I had been their Home Teacher with Danny for a while... That was pretty cool...
Sounds like things are still crazy at home with people, with buns in the oven, and others movin..
This last week was great!  We started teaching this man named Aimé.  He is pretty elect.. We taught him a bunch of times this week and asked him to be baptized and he told us that he was not ready.  Then he was like, "I will tell you what we can do... We can meet three times a week and I will come to church every Sunday... and maybe in four weeks I will be ready."  HAHA  That was so crazy, I thought I was getting punked.. I was like.. AM I GETTING PUNKED??  ASHTON??.. WHERE ARE YOU ASHTON...??  Oh sorry that was a little boafy comment, but I just laughed because that is the direction that Elder L. Tom Perry has given us.. to teach them three times a week for 30 min.. and get them to church every Sunday and they will be baptized.. So we are teaching him and all is well...
We are also teaching this lady named Claire from Senegal.. She is so great. She is so Blunt and honest.. she will tell you straight up that you are stupid if you are stupid.. so that's great.. because we teach a lot of people that act like they like it when we teach them, but then they dodge our phone calls and other things like that... SO anyway... Claire perfectly understands that the church was restored and that she needs to be re-baptized; she was baptized Catholic.. She knows all this but she is just fighting it and it's kinda funny.  We talked to her again about baptism last night and she was like, "but I was already baptized.  It's the same thing." And so we were like, "Claire, What is baptism?"  She explained it and then we were like, "did you make the choice and the promise to follow the commandments when you were a baby?" and she said no.  Then we were like, "Did you have sins when you were a baby?" and she said no.  Then we were like,  "Do you understand that the authority was lost and that the Church of Jesus Christ was restored and that this is the only church that has the authority to baptize?" and she said,  "yes, yes I know it's all true."  So she will be baptized the end of May, around the 29th.. she is soo funny... 
I love you very much.  Have a good week..
Here is my address, or just at the office.. because we are always there as well..
106 Ave. Marechal Joffre
1190 Forest
Belgium
Love, Elder Simonson

No comments: