Monday, April 6, 2009

Ghanians, Chinese... and just all sorts

Ahhh back in Bruxelles.. I love it.. It is soooo crazy, people everywhere, crazy people everywhere... 3 times more Africans which equals 3 times more the awesomeness... more time on trams and metros... always having miracles and ya... It's Bruxelles... We have been teaching in English and Spanish.. a little Romanian and French occasionally.. Being back in Bruxelles reminds me of my first transfer.. and I realize now that I was so scared and lost that I didn't even realize half the people around me spoke English.. or Dutch.. now I am not lost and realize quickly well that's Dutch not French... 
I now live with Elder Hoskyns, my companion... Elder Wallace from California, Elder Kam from good old Sugar City, Idaho... and Elder Honeycut from North Carolina... We are five in the apartment.. it's a nice apartment... we have a dishwasher and a washer and dryer.. sooo I'm right at home... They are all old in the mission. Elder Kam has 12 weeks left, Elder Honeycut and Wallace have 3 transfers and Elder Hoskyns has until Dec.. he is the same age as Elder Reynolds.. speaking of Elder Reynolds... he is now the Assistant to the President.. and speaking of President, our new one comes in July... crazy huh... 
ELder Hoskyns is great, he is from Scottsdale, Arizona.. and he is a stud and loves working... it's great to be with someone excited and ready to work all the time.. 
Transfers were a little sad, but oh well.. I got to see everyone before I left .. and took pictures with Fatiha, who is doing really good...so all is well.. I saw Elder Spicer at the square.. he seems really cool.. he was sooo excited to be out there.. he fit right in... too bad he went down to France, poor guy... Belgium is just where it is at... His trainer is stinking new... he is so new that I don't even really know him.  I think that it is only his third transfer... and he is training.. I would be freaking out.. 18 weeks out in the field and you get a newbie... ouch!  But I believe he is down in Ville Neuf Dasque or Valanciennes or something.. I don't know.... Elder Spicer was like the only new missionary that didn't look like he was scared to death and had pooped his pants! hahaha new missionaries... they are soo great.. I hope I get to train one day.. that would be fun, or funny... one of the two... 
Work is great here in Brussels.  We have found some amazing people just this last week and are teaching some pretty great people... It is weird changing areas .. it's weird to get used to teaching and contacting with a different missionary.. but all is well.. I will let you know a little more when everything is not so crazy and I have settled in a little more.. thanks everyone for the letters and I love you..
Elder Simonson

No comments: