Monday, October 13, 2008

Changes...

Hello family and friends! 
Things are going good here in Belgium... but you might have guessed that I have been here for 6 weeks.. and that means we have transfers.... yep... which means changes.....but I will tell you later of these changes...

Trials of faith,...
Well this last week was a kinda rough week... It started out ok.. kinda slow.. we didn't have many rendez-vous fixed or anything like that.. but.. on Tuesday.. we were contacting for quite a while and we got tired because we weren't finding anyone.. so E. Musters decided that he would call some people and try to set up some meetings.. well he did and within about 30 min. we had 22 scheduled rendez-vous. So things were looking up... so by Thursday we still hadn't taught very much or found that many people but on Fri. we had about 6 appointments and 5 on sat.. and about 4 on Sunday plus we had about 7 people confirmed to come to church... so.. it was going to be good... well Friday was ok... a few people cancelled... then on Sat. everyone but 2 people cancelled and on Sunday... NO one showed for church... we went to pick up a guy... and waited for him for about 45 min. We called everyone else and they were either sick, or tired.. or their phone was off... We had a special fast for our investigators.. and for the Sister's investigator, Marie, who just set a baptismal date!! She is an amazing 20 year old... Well.. we didn't see much progress but maybe that is coming later... All of our solid investigators like Elias and Joseph.. and Iness and Javier... kinda just didn't do anything this week... it was sad... and hopefully they just had a weird week... anyway... some good things still happened.
Paolo, our investigator from Italy.. has started to come out of his shell... he came to Gen. Conference last week... and we saw a change in him this week ... and he knows it is true.. now it will only be a matter of time until he really has a strong testimony and says... BAPTIZE ME haha.. he is doing sooooo good... he is really scared of people but he tried to go to FHE last week and he actually showed up at the International Ward this Sunday to come to church... he didn't realize that we were in the French Ward.. he thought because we were English we were in the English ward... but he is doing great.. anyway though... the sad thing is that I am actually leaving Brussels... sad... I know .. but I am actually headed to Charleroi, Belgium.... I have heard that it is a little dirty but it is a really great city and Ward too.. probably one of the best in Belgium or what I have heard... I will be with Elder Reynolds... I don't really know much more than that.. but I will be leaving all my investigators on Wed... so ya.. I am sad to leave Brussels but it will be all good. Pres. and the Lord had different things in mind for me... so now that I am leaving Brussels will explode... I'm just a wet blanket named Elder Simonson that doesn't know French!  Well I better go.. sounds like everything is going well... I love you all.. and I will talk to you later...Elder Simonson

No comments: