Saturday, February 13, 2010

Hmmm...so get this....



Well this week has been great... one of the weirdest, but good. I will now narrate my week as it has unrolled. Monday morning everything was good.  We had a great meeting with President and things are going well in the mission.... ha... more on that later... so then afterward we went about our business like normal and we found some cool new people, a lot of Ghanians so that was cool. Also on Monday we taught Godwin. (He also came to church last Sunday so that was cool) Our lesson went well with him.. he really understands, but he is just not ready to join the church... I don't know why... We talked to him about the Book of Mormon and what it meant if it was true and and he said, "I know it is true but..." Then we invited him to be baptized once he knew it was true.. and he was a little reluctant... and said, "I don't know.. I like the church but I don't really want to be baptized.." which was ok... so that was that...
Tuesday... nice little day we had a great District Meeting and then we went out to find so more people... and we had a little member appointment with the sweetest little family from America. Their names are the Whites.. They are sooooo much like Trish and Dan... and they have two little boys and a little girl... it is cool because both the little boys speak French perfectly and still speak perfect American English... Anyway the Whites were really cool. They lived in Hillsboro for a long time, so I got really excited about that and told them that my sister had lived in Forest Grove and I had been there a few times and LOVED it.
Wednesday... was the day my whole entire universe got flipped upside down.... haha... aren't you just dying of suspense.... I will now have a philosophical pause for everyone to take a guess of what is happening.... HINT... it is HUGE... and it affects the WHOLE mission.............................................drum roll please .............bebebebebebebebebbhpbhpbhpbhpbph....
Well.. ... let's review ironic things from Mom's letter.... 'I just can't believe the wonderful miracles that you all have in the Belgium Mission! You are truly blessed...so many golden people just out there waiting, and dreaming, and finding Christ...it is truly amazing...I just think how very blessed you are to be able to serve there. I really believe it is one of the greatest Missions in the world! You are so lucky! I know that there is a purpose for you being there...I know that you are as special as the Mission you serve in, and I know that is where the Lord wants you to be'... Well good comments mom... haha.. now comes the news... you remember the Belgium Brussels Netherlands Mission? Well... remember was the key word.... I am no longer in the Belgium Brussels/Netherlands Mission.... in fact that Mission no longer exists. Have you ever heard of Paris? Well... let's just say that I am now in the Paris France Mission... didn't see that one coming did ya?? HAHA and I am not even joking you, I bet you checked the date on your watch to make sure that it wasn't April 1st...
That is the Huge news... On Wednesday President Brubaker called us (in the morning) and said, "Hey, we need to have an emergency meeting this morning." And I said, "Ok.. I don't think I will be able to make it because I will be on exchange with Elder Cabrera going to France to my legality appoinment... but Elder Christensen can be there.." then President said, "Well can you change the appoinment?" and I said.. "No, I have been illegal since November... and I had an appoinment in Dec. which I had to cancel because of Zone Conf. and I haven't been able to fix an appointment until Feb... so I can't miss this one." And President tells me, "Ok, it's fine.. go get legal in France because you are going to need it, because you are going to Paris." I started thinking in my mind.. what? why for... hmm that is weird... and then he told me that the night before he had received a phone call from the Area Presidency telling him that the Mission boundaries would be changing and would be effective March 1st... and that all the French speaking missionaries would now be part of the Paris France mission... and the Dutch speaking missionaries would be a new Mission... I don't know if you noticed but... this is a HUGE ordeal and TONS of things to change and do and we have about 2 weeks... haha should be interesting.
Logistics.... Well I am not exactly sure what is happening with me, seeing as how I have a Dutch companion.... President said I will likely be going down to Paris to help my new Mission President, Pres. Staheli (pronounced Stailey) get to know all the former members of the BBN mission... but we will see... might happen, might not... Pres. Staheli will have to begin thinking about transfers really soon, like this next week, and he has no idea about any of our areas in our Mission or any of our missionaries sooooo.. There is a possibility that I might be going down to Paris before March 1st.. but we will see... This is going to be a difficult change for lots... but I am stinking excited.... there are so many areas and opportunities that await me...
I am not going to lie, I was pretty sure that I was done being Assistant and that I would be moved to my last city where I could be a little more calm and just work and not worry about responsibilities... but then the Lord had other plans....... Oh.. man... I have been freaking out since Wednesday, because I have no idea what is going to happen or what it is going to be like.. and I know that no matter what, I will be out of Bruxelles and going somewhere else... and there is a Whole other Mission to get to know and to get used to.. it is going to be crazy...
President Brubaker will be the Pres. of the new Netherlands Mission so... ya. Anyway.. that is the big NEWS....
Thanks for your letter this week, it was nice to hear from someone.... and yes this is a big guilt trip for everyone to write me... I hate you all... haha :) well, really I love you and I will speak at you later...
Elder Simonson

No comments: