Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Wow...

Well it was great to talk to you yesterday. It was good to hear everyone and hear that dad still has trouble talking and that Clint is still queer... We had a good week searching for new people. We met some neat people and had some good experiences. The Sisters had contacted this guy named Jean Claude and they gave him a Book of Mormon card and then a couple of days later he called them wanting a Book of Mormon. So the Sisters asked us if we would go give it to him and teach him. We did and it went pretty good. He is an older guy and very intelligent and a little special to say the least. He is a little crazy. But it was really neat how interested he was. We will continue to teach him and see what happens. The other cool thing is that I had an exchange with the Zone Leaders and Elder Berlin, my wonderful little friend, came here to Charleroi to work with me. It was a great day. We stopped by to see this guy that we had contacted on the road a few days earlier and he wasn't there, but his friend answered the door told us he wasn't there and we said,  "Oh it is ok, we talked to him a few days ago and wanted to come and teach him today,  but we would love to teach you the same thing"... and he said,  "Ya sure, come on up."  So we taught him and half way through the lesson one of his friends walked in and we started teaching him also. They were both really great and we really hope to start seeing them more so we can invite them to come to church and to start working towards baptism.  So we saw the hand of the Lord in the work for sure. Also we have a lot of people that we haven't been able to get a hold of and surprisingly we ran into all of them on the street... I love how God works. Other than that we have been doing a lot of porting and a lot of finding...
I was going to tell you a story yesterday when I was talking to you... but I forgot, but since I don't have too much to say, I can just tell you now... So we were porting.. and we knock on this door and a big burly guy answers the door. He sees us and says... "No, I am not interested"... and starts to shut the door... then I was in a joking mood and felt like being a smartelic and said,  "What?  Is it our ties or the way we are dressed, that doesn't interest you?"  So he opens the door and says... "Listen... we don't have the same beliefs" and so I say,  "Well, that is ok, that is why we are here."  He says... "I am a member of Satanism... and have been for thirteen years... look at my ring." (he had some Gothic looking ring on) So at this point I didn't know if he was kidding or not... so I just kept on joking with him... SO... I say very sarcastically.. "Ohhh cool... so does that bring you joy or... happiness?" and then I realized that he wasn't actually trying to come up with a dumb excuse to get us to leave his house but that he was actually part of Satanism.. He said.. "Listen, we don't follow the same master... it isn't about joy... it's about knowing who you serve."  At this point I am still being nice and sarcastic... I don't know if he appreciated it or not but it was fun... SO...I said, "Well.. you are right we don't have the same master... but we know who our master is and it brings us lots of joy to serve him and he loves us."  He goes off on the same kind of thing... and then says... "Listen... You need to know that very soon there is going to be a Big battle between Satan and God".... and he says... "and I know which side I am on and will fight for my master."  I replied... "Well, we do too... and we completely agree with you...very soon there will be a war... in fact we are already in that war right now.. and that is why we are here."  So he says... "Well, I am glad you know who your master is."  And I said, "me too.. but I guess that we will see each other on the battlefield then?"  He replied, "Yep".. and he says... "I respect you, and what you do, but just know when I see you on that battlefield... I WILL KILL YOU!"  And I said,  "Alright, we'll see."... and then he closed the door.  Then I just started laughing.. and turned to my companion and said... "Oh my gosh, I can't believe that just happened!" haha.. so I was pretty much threatened.  I thought it was funny.. the kind of people you meet on a mission is quite amusing.. anyway.. dumb, but fun little story.
As for the job thing.. all I have to say is.. I AM DOWN... I would love a job for the month that I wait to go to school.   Like you said that is an answer and a blessing from Heavenly Father.. and I can already see the blessings that are coming after the mission. Heavenly Father is just so great.. he spoils the crap out of us... and Europeans say that there is no God because there is so much bad in the world... HA.. what do they know.. anyway.. that is all I really have to say. I love you all lots and hope that you aren't all getting too trunky to see my beautiful face and be graced with my wonderful presence ... I love you and I will talk to you soon.
PS I just attached some pics from Paris...
Elder Von Simonson




No comments: